Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Location: Home (primarily) and Office based with the requirements to travel to homes across the country
Reporting to: IT Director/CEO
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Benefits: Critical Illness, Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, Private Medical Cover
To provide support to the care homes in managing their Social Media profiles (principally, but not limited to
- Ensuring that all homes understand the company policies on the use of FB and other social media.
- Monitoring the home FB pages and moderating content where necessary, removing anything that breaches the policies of the company, rules on GDPR, or is socially, morally or ethically unacceptable.
- Ensuring that content is relevant and that pages are kept fresh and interesting.
- Ensuring that pages are reflective of content in other publicly available areas and are not contradictory.
- Assisting the Social Media Ambassadors with any technical questions relating to the creation and maintenance of their pages.
- Assisting with the drafting of copy and content.
- Arranging external input for use, distribution, sharing online.
- Providing advice on taking photographs and understanding the basics of providing suitable photographs for media use.
Skills and Experience
- To be an excellent communicator, comfortable with maintaining relationships with a large number of colleagues across the country predominantly by phone.
- To have a good command of written English and be able to propose, adapt and improve on submissions for public posting.
- To be capable of teaching new skills in the area of Social Media, video, video editing and file sharing.
- To develop a thorough understanding of the operation of advertising on Facebook, Google and other accounts including management of ‘Facebook Boosting’ or ‘Google Adwords’ campaigns.
- Have a good telephone manner and be able to explain clearly, to people often with limited knowledge, how to carry out tasks on PC’s, Macs, or phones or tablets using iOS or Android formats.
- To be IT literate, with a good knowledge of popular file formats, Social Media channels and commonly used software packages such as Adobe, Microsoft Office, Chrome, Safari, Explorer, Firefox.
- To be familiar with video recording and editing software and be capable of basic video techniques with a view to being able to take and post video sequences of a standard suitable for social media distribution.
- To be capable of managing a busy workload and to be able to provide flexibility in working hours as many of the home Social Media Ambassadors may be working on their content outside of traditional office hours.
A full, clean driving license would be desirable
This is a description of the job as it is constituted at the date shown. It is the practice of the company to periodically examine job descriptions, update them and ensure that they relate to the job performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes. This procedure will be conducted by the appropriate manager in consultation with the postholder.
In these circumstances it will be the aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes, but if an agreement is not possible the Human Resource Manager reserves the right to make changes to your job description following consultation.