Position: Home Manager
Location: Mountwood Care Home, Andover, Hampshire
Hours: 40 hours per week to work on a flexible rota including on call responsibility
Salary: £45,000 dependant on experience
An experienced Care Home Nurse Manager, preferably with an active pin, is required to manage the smooth running of Mountwood Care Home, located in the market town of Andover, Hampshire. This is an ideal location for those who wish to maintain a level of independence with the added reassurance of 24/7 professional support.
In this role you will be responsible for delivering evidenced based person centred care to a high standard and within a defined budget. At the same time lead a team of dedicated nursing and care staff to champion independence, choice and dignity for the service users who reside in the home.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate commitment to strive to achieve the highest care standards and have an in-depth knowledge of health and social care regulation. You will be a an experienced care or nursing professional with a recognised relevant qualification; have extensive experience of working with vulnerable adults including those with complex nursing needs and dementia care needs, have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Registered Manager with line management experience, have excellent communication and IT skills.
Skills, knowledge and qualifications required:
- Minimum of 2 years Nursing Home Manager experience (essential)
- Have an in-depth knowledge of health and social care regulation
- Have extensive experience of working with vulnerable adults including those with complex nursing needs and dementia care needs
- Have excellent communication and IT skills.
Main duties include:
- Assessing, monitoring and evaluating the needs of the client group
- Manage and supervise the senior team to ensure high standards of care are maintained
- Maintain an environment conducive to the needs of the client group
- Ensuring all required documentation and records are accurate and up to date
- Ensuing compliance in all areas of regulation
- Chair regular meetings with clients, relatives and staff members
- Manage expenditure for the home in line with set budgets
- Effectively market the home and maintain good levels of occupancy
- Provide accurate reports to the Regional Manager within designated timescales
- Comply with all policies and procedures
- Working in partnership with Commissioners
Here are some of the can benefits we can offer:
- Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
- 24 hour Telephone Employee Assistance Programme helpline
- Online discounted vouchers for several companies
- Opportunity for progression within the company
- Continuous support to maintain the training you need to deliver excellence
- On-going support from a motivated and committed Head Office and Regional Teams
If you think you have the right skills and attitude to deliver the best quality of care within our homes, then please contact email@example.com.
Please take a look at our careers page at www.larchwoodcare.co.uk
Closing Date: 14th December 2018
We look forward to hearing from you!